Divorcing: I have to go to court in order for the judge to grant newspaper publication for my missin

ow Asked: Divorcing: I have to go to court in order for the judge to grant newspaper publication for my missin

I haven't spoke to him in almost a year and his phone number has changed.Don't know where he is living.

HOWEVER,Is the judge going to ask me if I have gone to his parents house to try to get in touch with my husband?My answer will be I haven't spoke to his parents in over a year and I dont know if they still live at the same address.Will that be good enough to grant the newspaper publication or will the judge likely want me to try and track the parents down?

If so, will I have to appear in court again for the newspaper publication or no?


3 16 Answered:
Judge is going to want you to track down the parents. It's the next logical step in trying to locate someone. Their loved ones. So maybe you should try before your hearing and if you did and found them you can get info and if you do and don't find them at least you can tell the judge you tried but you couldn't locate them at their previous address.

Lo Colombiano Answered:

Ocimom Answered:
I have no clue, but I would at least attempt to find a phone number or contact his parents – if you get no response or phone number disconnected, you have proof of trying to contact his parents.

paayas Answered:
What you did was correct! Surely you are not going to risk your child's safety. Wait for him to get well. I hope he dose and then the visitations can move on. But for the moment this perhaps was the best option.

Brittany Answered:
I completely agree with you. It hurts that your daughter will grow up without a dad but there is no risk to you or your daughters saftey.

LIPPIE Answered:
The only thing you could do is have supervised visitation. Someone other than you there to make sure all is okay. His mother, sister or a paid advisers from court could do this.She could see him, and they could have fun and she would be safe.

Jenna S Answered:
This guys wacked! Hes pulling out his eyelashes and toenails and is a drunkie and is in rehab and you have been verbally abused. File a restraining order was a great idea! Dont say that you feel bad for your daughter, weather she knows it or not you were doing the right thing for sure! Try to find someone for yourself then introduce him to your daughter if you see this relationship forming into something else. This will be her real dad. Dont lie to her though if she does ask about her dad if your in a relationship or not that would most definitley is NOT right. She should truly know what her dad was like and it was better for her to be away from him. Since she is s young she will soon forget her dad. Good Luck with everything and hope you and your Daughter have a great life!!

foxymosh Answered:
I would have done what you did, her safety is of great importance.Here in the uk we would have a 3rd party involved which would mean child visits parent but under supervision, maybe you have that where you live? but apart from that I would not feel guily.

SuperKitten Answered:
He is not a fit parent. It's not her fault that her father is messed up; you just need to be 100% with her when she's older about the divorce, and she'll be able to get over it and cope and not be all messed up. It's not healthy for her to be around him; good job for leaving him! Good luck with your daughter!

Got a better answer? Share it below!